Reporting to the Team Principal, the Assistant Project Manager will work with the Project Manager to coordinate all aspects of the project. Assisting with managing the internal and external team to ensure that the project they are working on is delivered on time, in budget and to an exceptional standard. They need to work closely with all members of the team across all disciplines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Salary range of £28,450 to £35,000
- Any applicants without a portfolio will not be considered
- Closing date for all applicants will the 26th July 2019
- Effectively communicate and translate the interior or exterior design information of the Project by providing 2D CAD drawing and 3D models to shipyard and/or subcontractor manufacturers.
- Draft the General Arrangement plans for review.
- Organise and supply information to visualisers.
- Ensure in collaboration with Team Administrator that RWD project planning and work schedule are kept up to date and synchronise with Project Build schedule to ensure that all RWD information is supplied on time.
- Liaise, co-ordinate, and correspond with the project team i.e. shipyard, naval architects, and sub-contractors.
- Prepare for and represent RWD at project meetings, including overseas.
- Reporting to the Team Principal and Project manager at regular intervals on progress of tasks and update with project work both internally and at the shipyard.
- Regularly review projects to ensure they are delivered within budget for time allocated, constantly mindful of identifying efficiencies.
- Working closely with the creative teams to meet design brief.
- Keep up to date with latest industry news and developments.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Graduate or Masters level in Yacht or Transport design.
- Minimum 1-2 years luxury/yacht experience and relevant project management.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Exceptional client relationship skills with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to think on your feet, making project decisions that ensure client expectations are met, whilst also knowing at what point to escalate to the Project Lead/Project Director for support.
- Ability to focus on individual detail whilst maintaining a good overall view.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of industry standards and yacht codes.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, MS Office/Excel.
- Hand sketching desirable.
- Achievement of personal goals identified in performance review
- Living the Company values