Based in the heart of the New Forest on the banks of the Beaulieu River, this award-winning company is looking for individuals with a passion for design on all levels who can match or surpass the company’s vision, enthusiasm and dedication to excellence.
Graphic and Reprographic assistant
Redman Whiteley Dixon is a long established yacht design agency in the New Forest, we have penned some of the world’s most prestigious yachts and handle all aspects of interior and exterior yacht design; from 10 metre tenders to 160 metre motor and sail yachts
We are looking for a Graphic and Reprographic assistant with strong creative ambition to join our team. The ideal candidate is a naturally enthusiastic, committed and hardworking person with fresh ideas, capable of creating compelling, highly professional presentations with supporting graphic identity and design work for client meetings, portfolios and company events.
A keen eye for detail and high quality print finishing skills are essential along with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. A passion for perfection whilst creating bespoke presentations to the highest standard. Knowledge of the yacht/interior design industry would be a bonus.
Contract: Full time
Key Skills: Graphic Design – Creativity – Flexibility – Attention to Detail – Reprographics – Working knowledge of small and large format printers – Mounting presentations – Team player and willing to lend a hand – Understanding of rendering shapes and materials
Experience: 2 years’ experience using Adobe Creative Suite publishing tools including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator will be needed to reach interview stage. This is a studio entry level position with the aim of progression through the company. CV to include images of process to achieve end result, sketches, visuals and photos if relevant. Industry or yachting knowledge will be advantageous.
Qualifications: College or degree level candidates will be preferred for this role.
Salary: Will depend on experience.
If we sound like the company for you, please email your CV with a covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com
Make sure you include details of experience that you have gained related to this opportunity and a paragraph clearly explaining why you want to work with us.
RWD is an equal opportunities employer
Closing date for this role is March 24th 2017
Interviews to be held at our studio in Beaulieu week commencing April 3rd 2017
HEAD OF FF&E
INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ONE OF THE LARGEST SUPERYACHT DESIGN STUDIOS IN THE WORLD.
Over the last 23 years RWD has designed and created some of the most amazing SuperYachts in the world. Due to continued growth we are now looking for someone who can help us grow the Decoration and Supply design division specialising in Superyacht high end luxury interiors for clients based all over the world.
- Managing projects efficiently from concept to delivery
- Managing and briefing design team on projects
- Mentoring and assisting junior and middleweight designers
- Managing the procurement of the FF&E supply products
- Visualise and explain concepts to team members
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- Working closely with the directors and creative team, using initiative for new opportunities
- Provide strong and inspirational leadership to maintain a highly motivated and creative team to ensure the highest quality of output
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Inspiring the clients
- Experience in Photoshop, In design, with Advanced skills in Excel, Word essential
- Knowledge in estimating and invoicing
- FF&E selection materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling experience
- Self confident, independent as well as team player
- Ability to manage time and work flow of projects efficiently
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Fully competent in producing detailed FF&E specification with costings, materials, finishes
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- 5-10 years of experience in High end residential, Yachting or Hotel design is essential
- High level of creativity and design leadership skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisation
- Happy, flexible and open to extensive travel
- Driver and own vehicle will be essential due to rural office
- A confident presenter
- Ability to build great relationships
- Good Sense of Humour
- You’ll love living by our values of dedication, being original, creating client delight, being brave and having great fun along the way.
Please send a covering letter and cv, along with examples of work you have previously worked on and in what capacity to firstname.lastname@example.org
RWD is very supportive of career development and is always keen to hear from talented and like-minded individuals.
If the thought of designing incredibly detailed, personal and bespoke yacht interiors and exteriors excites you – we’d love to hear from you.
Please send CV’s, portfolios and examples of work to: email@example.com
- Passionate about design
- Truly creative hand drawing and sketching
- Interest in high-end luxury design
- Bright and enthusiastic with versatility and design agility
- Quality of work is everything
- Un-phased by extraordinary design challenges
- Clear communication of ideas
- Good integration in to the team
- Software competence with: Sketchup, Photoshop, Rhino, AutoCAD, In Design, Microsoft Office
- Luxury yachts, cars and design
- A beautiful country lifestyle – own transport required
- Travelling for business